1. In a bowl add water, oil, yeast, psyllium husk and 2 Tbsp sugar. Mix well and allow to stand for 5 minutes, until thickened.
2. In another bowl add low protein flour, and make a small well in the middle.
3. Add psyllium husk mixture to the low protein flour. Combine using your hands until a dough forms.
4. Knead dough for 3–5 minutes in the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and leave to proof for 30 minutes.
5. Once rested for 30 minutes, divide dough into four parts.
6. Shape each dough section into a flattened ball. Take a wooden spoon and use the handle to make a hole in the middle of each. Slip the wooden spoon handle into each bagel hole, then twirl the dough around the spoon handle to make a hole about an inch wide.
7. Preheat oven to 400°F.
8. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
9. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; and add the remaining sugar.
10. Place the bagels into the boiling water. Cook for 1–2 minutes, turning each over in the water until they have puffed slightly, and an outer layer has formed.
11. Remove the bagels from the water using a slotted spoon, draining off any excess water. Place on the baking sheet.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until bagels are browned and crisp. The bases should sound hollow when tapped.
13. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING (1 Bagel):
Calories 280 | Protein 0.4 g | Phenylalanine 20 mg