Skip to main content
- In a bowl add water, 1 Tbsp oil, yeast, psyllium husk, and sugar. Mix well and allow to stand for 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Place low protein flour into a separate bowl. Stir and make a small well in the middle.
- Add psyllium husk mixture to the flour. Use your hands to combine, until a dough is formed.
- Knead dough for 3–5 minutes in the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to proof for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts; and shape each into a round bread bun.
- Place buns on the lined baking tray, brushing the tops with oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25–30 minutes, or until browned and crisp. The bases should sound hollow when tapped. Cool on a wire rack
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING (1 Bun):
Calories 310 | Protein 1.3 g | Phenylalanine 64 mg
3/4 cup warm water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
1 Tbsp dried yeast
1 Tbsp psyllium husk
1 Tbsp sugar
2 1/4 cups low protein flour